Equalities & Additional Intervention
We believe that all children should be equally valued at our Academy. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe. We have a range of agreed policies.
Harris Primary Academy Haling Park is committed to inclusion and part of the Academy’s strategic planning involves developing cultures, policies and practices that include all learners. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to learners who may have experienced previous difficulties. This does not mean that we will treat all learners in the same way, but that we will respond to learners in ways that take in to account their varied life experiences and needs.
We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their age, gender, demographic group, ethnicity, additional need, attainment and background. We pay particular attention to the provision for and the achievement of different groups of learners:
- Students from families that are financially disadvantaged (PP - Pupil Premium)
- Students who arrive with below nationally expected ability in any area (LAPs)
- Boys or Girls
- Students from minority faiths, ethnicities, travellers, asylum seekers, refugees
- Students who have English as an additional language (EAL)
- Students who have Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Students who are Gifted and Talented (G&T)
- Students who are Looked After Children (LAC)
- Young carers, sick children, children from families under stress
Pupil Premium Funding
At Harris Primary Academy Haling Park we are committed to ensuring the progress and attainment of all of our pupils, whatever their backgrounds. The Pupil Premium is funding aimed at raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and closing the gap between them and their peers.
Please find below the most recent published report relating to our Pupil Premium spend for the previous academic year.
Sports Premium Funding
The Sports Premium money is ring-fenced funding from central government to improve the provision of P.E. and sport.
The P.E. and Sport grant must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of P.E. and sport, for the benefit of primary aged pupils.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of P.E. and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E. and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
At Harris Primary Academy Haling Park, we take a huge amount of pride in our P.E. and Sports offer.
Please see below are planned Sports Premium spend for 2022-23 and our impact evaluated spend for 2021-2022.
|Sports Premium Strategy 2022 23||07th Nov 2023||Download|
|Sports Premium Strategy 2023 24||07th Nov 2023||Download|
|Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2022 23 HPAHP||07th Nov 2023||Download|
|Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2023 24 HPAHP||07th Nov 2023||Download|
|Sports Premium Strategy 2022 23 EVALUATED||15th Nov 2023||Download|